About Me

My photo
Im a student at the University of Westminster studying Criminology and Social-legal studies, mixed with working at a large retailer that cannot be named. I love sports and play rugby in particular, as well as football, and follow Tottenham Hotspur FC religiously. I'm also an avid Football Manager player and have spent many an hour living the highs and lows of simulated football management.

Friday 26 August 2011

I'm With You...

This morning, something special landed on my doorstep (and no I haven't got a dog). It was the long-awaited, pre-ordered new album of the Red Hot Chili Peppers (see previous blogs for the excitedness of being able to see them and the admiration for them..blah,blah,blah). Now I have to say after hearing the single I was hesitant to say the least, and with no John Frusciate you can never be too careful at what they are going to deliver. Now I am no critically acclaimed music reviewer, but I have to say that I was disappointed is summing it up to say the least. Now this  album (I'm with You) doesn't really sound chili-ish and does have a completely different sound. After one listen through I can safely say there are no under the bridge's, californication's or dani california's. On second listen though it does seem to click a bit more and become more enjoyable, and I would say it is definitely a grower. Tracks such as Monarchy of Roses and Ethiopia stand out in particular, although it does give the impression of being a bit samey if I was being completely ruthless. I would by no means write it off though, but excuse me whilst I sit in a room with a cd player on repeat until I love it.

Now in other news, it has also been the long-awaited return of the football season, and what can be a greater start for my team's first game to be called off because of the riots. Let's be honest it was probably a blessing in disguise, although it would of been better if Spurs could have recorded a win against notorious slow starters Everton. However, you really could not argue with a 5-0 drubbing of Hearts in the Europa League as a bad start to the season, but you could be aggrieved at getting a 3-0 drubbing at the hands of Man. Utd. and 0-0 draw with Hearts in the second leg. If i was to use a word to describe the opening gambit for the season it would be meh... There is definitely room for improvement, although we did look pretty awesome in the 5-0 drubbing of Hearts, you could argue we are playing the scottish alternative to a Barnsley/Doncaster but that's an issue for another day. A particular highlight of this week for me has been the loan signing of a completely un-confronational and clean-cut player in Emmanuel Adebayor. Now somehow I do not think this will go down well with the Spurs faithful, mainly because he played for the Arseholes (sorry Arsenal) the other side of North London. The hatred for him previously can perhaps be summed up by the chanting of "Adebayor, his dad cleans elephants and his mums a whore" which would be understandable if he was on the opposition, but this was occurring in a UEFA cup qualifier against some Eastern European opposition (AK47 or something). Now despite this, I believe he brings something that we cannot get from the beanpole that is Crouch and the sulky Russian that is Pavlyuchenko and that is GOALS, which we definitely need.

Now despite being snubbed by many real clubs, I have managed to forge a further successful career on FM11, this time as sleeping giant's Bradford City in league 2. After 2 seasons and 2 successive promotions, they are sitting comfortably in the championship, so now tell me why does no-one take my amazing managerial record seriously?  Nightmare...

Might as well make this a regular feature, so my song of the week is No Church In The Wild by Jay-Z, Kanye West and featuring Frank Ocean:

Hope you enjoy it, and as usual it's been emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment