About Me

My photo
Im a student at the University of Westminster studying Criminology and Social-legal studies, mixed with working at a large retailer that cannot be named. I love sports and play rugby in particular, as well as football, and follow Tottenham Hotspur FC religiously. I'm also an avid Football Manager player and have spent many an hour living the highs and lows of simulated football management.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Nice to meet you...

As you may have gathered, I am RobboRevla and I'm a student approaching my final year of the course and the so called prime of my life, in my words reality. Now with a criminology degree, the assumption was a nice easy ride into the police service, a career I aspire to and would accept straight away if it was offered to me. Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that with 30,000 police cuts in the next 4 years, it looks like I would be queuing up at the job centre on a drizzly Thursday morning to pick up my dole money, a situation that really does not appeal to me in the slightest. This led to the question of what to do instead? Based on my interests I'm looking at becoming either an International Rugby player of footballer. Now to be honest, my frame is not quite the agile footballer type so going to have to be a pro rugby player, especially with the World Cup beckoning (something that excites me greatly), although the step up from Thurrock 3's on a saturday afternoon to an International stage could be a bit too much, but we'll see how it goes. The other alternative is to become a football manager. Now my CV is pretty impressive, Back to back promotions, championships, cups, although somehow I don't think this is quite impressive when I say this has all been on Football Manager 2011 rather than the real world, although sometimes I feel I can do a better job than those in the profession. As a big Homes Under The Hammer fan (BBC 1, 10 AM), it appeals to me greatly to go into the property game with the idea of casually going to an auction, buying a cheap house in Burnley or Derby, chucking on a few coats of Dulux and selling it off for a massive profit. Somehow, this is out of my reach as well I fear, although becoming an estate agent holds great appeal to me and something that I have looked into, although I don't think this would be widely accepted by my family, especially by my Dad who threatened to disown me after I worked at an estate agents for my work experience when I was 14. As they say, its a big world out there, one with many opportunities of which even my pessimism can't hold me back from and in reality I'm sure I'm not too far away from finding something I will enjoy. If not, there's always the large retailer (from now  it shall be known as Voldemort as its the one that cannot be named) I currently work at doing my 13 hours a week...actually where's the job centre?

Oh and while I'm here, might as well advertise my twitter account ;) follow me at twitter.com/robbo91revla

For now, It's been emotional

No comments:

Post a Comment