About Me

My photo
Im a student at the University of Westminster studying Criminology and Social-legal studies, mixed with working at a large retailer that cannot be named. I love sports and play rugby in particular, as well as football, and follow Tottenham Hotspur FC religiously. I'm also an avid Football Manager player and have spent many an hour living the highs and lows of simulated football management.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

The return of my heros...

Its been a lovely summer week in July, which as usual means the constant downpour of rain, grey clouds and general collective misery. So what was supposedly meant to perk up the last week was the long awaited return of my favourite band The Red Hot Chili Peppers (and more specifically the bassist/mentalist that is Flea) and their new single The Adventures of Maggie May.


Now it has been a long time in making, a whole 4 years since Stadium Arcadium and a whole lot of time for reflection and for wearing out the repeat button on my Ipod playing the Chilis back log repeatedly. In that time they must of been listening to the musical genius (said with hesitation) of Michael Jackson, who in a song that is apparently quite well known said "it's time to make a change", and certainly a change was made.
 It could be argued (little bit of essay writing sentence starting for you there) that the catalyst for most of the Red Hot Chili Peppers classics (Under the Bridge, Californication, Dani California etc. etc. etc.) was down to the axeman and all-round hippy look-a-like John Frusciate who decided to call it a day and concentrate on his solo career instead on work on the new album. After listening to the single on repeat hoping it was a grower, the lack of the Frusciate influence was clear and single just lacks Red Hot Chili Pepper-ness, other than the funky bass line that Flea slaps out (although I have a biased opinion personally). After its 60-odd views over the past 3 days, it just isn't right and gives me the feeling that there will never be another Under the Bridge, although I have already pre-ordered the album in the hope that another classic will spring up, although I wish they had listened to a cheeky bit of the rapper known as Tupac who said "some things will never change". Oh how I wish this was true.

In other news, I've managed to win another cup with Hearts on Football Manager 2011 so I think its definately worth putting on my CV now. You never know, they might be impressed with my dedication to the cause of a simulated football management game. More likely, it will be quickly made into Shredder fodder. More importantly the need for a life-plan is probably more important, although the amount of overtime being done at Voldemort's gaff is giving me some wallet ammunition, I still need to find a "proper job". The back up plan of being a professional poker player went up in flames after what can only be described as an amateur performance the other night, which led to a re-buy in after 10 minutes and a 5th out of 7th finish which means I'm back to the drawing board for now..looks like I'll be sending an audition tape to The Only Way is Essex, although I'm not sure I'm at the Ream standard.


I'm going to go get a fake tan and a pair of budgie smugglers so I can try and fit in with the Vajazzle crowd so for now it's been emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment